We’ve made some changes to FutureLearn in the last few months – here’s a rundown of what’s new.
Microcredentials on FutureLearn
The biggest recent change on the site has been the introduction of microcredentials.
- Microcredentials are accredited, online qualifications designed to help you build specialised skills relevant to your career. They offer valuable learning without the time and cost commitment of a full degree.
- Our microcredentials are from some of the most innovative universities in the world including The Open University, Monash University, Dublin City University, and Queensland University of Technology.
- There are microcredentials available on a wide variety of subjects – from Data Science to FinTech – to help you get ahead in your career.
Read here to find out more about microcredentials on FutureLearn.
Changing the main navigation
Showcasing our professional portfolio
We’ve updated the main navigation on FutureLearn to highlight our professional portfolio areas: Business & Management, IT & Computer Science, Teaching and Healthcare & Medicine.
Renaming our subject areas
- To better reflect the courses we have on offer and make it easier to find courses you’re interested in, we have introduced a new subject called ‘Psychology and Mental Health’ to complement our ‘Healthcare & Medicine’ subject area.
- As part of this work, we’ll be able to introduce more specific topics to make it easier to navigate our courses.